I always divided my friends into two groups.
Single friends are much more fun to hang out with because they have:
- Free time and
- they are ready to do anything
Taken friends have the tendency to reject your invitition because they are
- not allowed by their significant other(s) to go out or
- they have date with their significant other(s)
However, please expect the taken friends to suddenly pop up in your life. This will happen when they have
- a silly fight with the significant other,
- a serious fight with the significant other, and
- they are being neglected or
- they just broke up
Your roles as a friend when the above situations happen are to:
- offer sympathy
- lend an ear for their problems
- give appropriate feedback
- say things like 'he is a jerk anyway'
- take them out for some fun
- accompany them for binge eating specially ice cream and chocolate
- be a relationship therapist
- provide tissues
- be the messenger when they are in the process of being together again
- be neglected when they are love birds again
p/s: Reflect Yourself.